Academy. Inspection of solar power plants
Training. Inspection of solar plants with drones and thermal cameras.
In November 2020, we held the 1st Call in the Canary Islands (8th in Spain) for the Inspection of solar plants with drones and thermal cameras. In this course, in addition to complying with all Covid-19 safety measures, the students learned in a hybrid environment (on-line and practical on-site) the fundamental requirements to carry out an inspection and report on a solar installation with drones and thermal cameras, the students learned:
- Autonomous flight planning using commercial software (DJI GS PRO)
- Thermal camera configuration (DJI XT2)
- Way-Points checking of captured images (by using the metadata.org platform)
- Thermal image metadata processing and analysis
- Thermal and RGB image processing and analysis
- Inspection report generation
Thanks to this specialised training, the new professionals have the necessary knowledge to carry out inspections in solar plants in compliance with the international standard: IEC TS 62446-3:2017 (standard for aerial thermography with drones).